Saturday, February 3, 2007

Good morning again.I woke up way too early this morning. I always get excited when I'm going on a trip! This is a trip within a trip so I am doubly excited.
Yesterday was a huge day! Our luncheon at Mr. Darko's home was wonderful. The food was incredible and the stories Mr. Darko told of his personal life were exciting and made me admire him even more. He told us all of the vision he had to start a school in Ghana and then we were able to go on a tour of the school. We also got to see the training facility CUA is building and the adjacent accomodations, all in different phases of construction. The traffic through Accra on a Saturday afternoon was like nothing I had ever seen (except in the occassional National Geographic television special!)At the end of yesterday, we said our goodbyes to the four of our group that were leaving at 6 am. The rest of us all travel out to our assignments at different times throughout the day. Larry (Carnegie, from the Maple Creek area) and I head out around 9 am. From here we go to Hohoe and will visit 2 credit unions from that base. I do not know the internet facilities there but I have been told they exist so you will be hearing from me soon....................................Marcia

1 comment:

Ghana Coach - Marcia Greenwood said...

Hi Marcia,
I'm really enjoying following your adventures in Ghana. Keep them coming!
David